Monday, March 7, 2011

The Sun Is Shining In The Sky

This weekend I saw the sun and blue sky for the first time in just about a month. Azerbaijan has been toying with me for weeks, teasing me about spring coming, and then snowing again the next day (or even later the same day). But this weekend, the snow was melting, the sun was shining and I was able to take my long underwear off.

On Sunday I actually was able to sit out on the porch and read in the sun. Every now and them my host parents would come out and check and see if I wanted another layer on so I wouldn't get sick (I was also sitting on the ground (GASP!)).

It’s not uncommon for it to snow during Novruz, so who knows if this will last (I may even eat these words between the time I write them and the time I post them).

No comments:

Post a Comment